What Happened When We All Stopped is an initiative from Global Optimism. Global Optimism Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10462771 having its registered office at 18 Charles Street, Bath BA1 1HX.
Global Optimism Ltd (“we”/”us”/“our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We endeavour to tell you what information about you we have collected, why we have collected it and what we will do with it. You can always
contact us with questions about our use of your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at our registered address.
This statement sets out the basis on which we collect any personal data from you, why we collect it, who we share it with, how we use it and how we protect it. We want you to understand clearly our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it, so please read the following carefully.
What Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided when subscribing to receive email updates from us
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of your visits to our site, social media platforms, on landing pages and over the telephone including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own
billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- When we collect personal data directly from you through our website, on social media platforms, on landing pages and over the telephone we use the data you provide for the following purposes:
- as needed to provide the site and its features and in order to give you the best user experience;
- where we are under a contractual or legal obligation to do so;
- where you have explicitly consented (for example, by actively signing up to receive email updates from us)
- for our own legitimate interests in maintaining our own records and databases
- We are distributing a limited number of printed copies of What Happened When We All Stopped to the first 200 new subscribers signing up to our email updates through this website. If you are one of these 200 users, we will contact you via email to ask you for your postal address and arrange delivery
We also receive personal data from other sources which include:
- Service providers that help determine your location based on your IP address in order to customise certain products to your location
- Publicly available sources
How we collect, use and store personal data
The data we collect in this way may include the following:
- Name and contact data, including first and last name, email address and similar contact data
- Demographic, including country, city and preferred language
We use this personal data for the following purposes:
- For our own legitimate interests in monitoring usage of site and improving it
- Subject to your consent to receive this information, informing users about Global Optimism’s activities (podcasts, books, events, etc)
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner
for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us to request no further information be sent to you.
Transferring personal data outside the UK / EU
Countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by EU data protection laws. The personal data we collect may be transferred to, and stored, outside the EU (including for example in the United States) and may also be processed by people operating outside the EU who work for us or one of our partners or suppliers. In the event that we need to transfer personal data to a company based outside the EU, we will ensure that the data is handled in line with EU law.